Sunday, August 27, 2006

TROTSKY'S HAT

Do you ever think about truth.....I do.....I learned long ago that it was the one thing without which I could not survive....

And yet I run into it so seldom.

What I run into most, amongst those whom I would, ideally, like to respect, is the willingness to accept bolderized versions of the truth, to make life easier.... but for whom? Well, for themselves of course, details are such a bother and might involve an exchange of ideas and an acknowledgement of equality.....

How can we expect nobility of spirit amongst nations, cultures, religions and races if between neighbours we are able to let ourselves accept as truth that which we know to be false.......

Such pedestrian examples of shameful mediocrity are just not on, as they say in jolly old England.

And as to Trotsky's hat, Milan Kundera tells the story better than I, so I'll leave it to him.......but truth is what that's all about as well.....

Truth is a hat...